Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Falling For Him


(I encourage you to take a minute and watch this video before you read any farther this morning.  It's just a couple minutes long.)

"Trust Fall"
By Onetimeblind

This video is very humbling for me because it’s an accurate picture and representation of how I have trusted God over the years. He asks me to do something…I question whether or not He really knows what He’s doing…if He’s really got me. So He shows me again…reassures my heart of who He is and I obey. BUT…then He asks me to step into a deeper level of trust…perhaps one where I don’t see the potential outcome…where I have to blindly follow Him and truly TRUST Him…that He sees me and sees my circumstances…I have to trust that He KNOWS everything that is going on and all of the obstacles in the way…that He gets all of the adversity and that there is nothing hidden from His sight. I have to focus my eyes completely on Him and just fall, not knowing how He will catch me or how things will play out. THAT is trust and it goes against our human nature…our need for control and our desire for everything to be spelled out ahead of time.


“It was by faith that Abraham obeyed when God called him to leave home and go to another land that God would give him as his inheritance. He went without knowing where he was going. And even when he reached the land God promised him, he lived there by faith…”
~Hebrews 11:8

“To trust where we cannot trace God is the ultimate test of our willingness to follow Him. There are times in every believer's life when God requires him to step out into the unknown--to take a leap of faith--to go out on a limb. These occasions almost always defy our ability to reason and to make sense of it all.
Abraham faced a similar predicament when he was commanded by God to go to a foreign country leaving behind all the securities and familiarity his homeland had offered. Hebrews 11:8 records that "By faith Abraham . . . obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going." And later he was commended by God for His unswerving faith despite the overwhelming obstacles that he faced. Reverend Charles Inwood wrote that "When God is going to do something wonderful, he begins with a difficulty." . . . When he is going to do something miraculous, "He begins with an impossibility." God loves to defy odds, accomplish the impossible, operate in the supernatural, and amaze us with His creativity and power. We serve a big God---not one that is confined and limited to our understanding and our ability to figure out His ways. A God so awesome, and so infinitely capable of accomplishing His will in our lives, deserves our trust and obedience. If He could create the world in 6 short days, He can certainly figure out how to work out the details of your life and order your steps appropriately.” (http://www.knowjesus.com/Dev_trust.shtml)

So, where does this find you this morning? I have a pretty tough question to ask, and I encourage you to take some time to really think about it before you answer.

Are you trusting Him only with the things that you can predict the outcome of or are you truly choosing to TRUST Him with the things you cannot see…with the hard things that you cannot answer? Are you looking forward, focusing your eyes on Him, and falling backwards, trusting that He’s got you?

~Kris Samovitz

No comments:

Post a Comment